Academic Support Programme
- Academic Tutorials/Extra Classes: Extension tutorials are a part of the SAADP academic support programme where supplementary tutorials are offered over and above the mainstream curricula. Programme managers identify the so called ‘gate keeper modules’ (otherwise core modules), to ascertain which topics are to be covered. Senior students are carefully selected and appointed to conduct the extension tutorials on a weekly basis. In addition, and where necessary, technical workshops are organized to further facilitate the learning process. This tutorial support system has proved to be very beneficial.
- Mentorship: High performing senior students are identified to transfer their existing knowledge, skills, and experience to new students in the first level.
- Vacation Work: SAADP partners with employers that make vacation work opportunities available. Vacation work runs during the June/July and November/December university holidays.
- Actuarial Seminars: Qualified actuaries and graduates from the programme are organised to share their industry experience with current students. Students get a chance to ask industry-related questions and interact with our alumni.
- Academic Workshops: SAADP Alumni is organised to run academic workshops on identified courses/topics to assist current students.
- Exam Preparation Sessions: SAADP Alumni is organised to share their approaches with the current students on exams preparation techniques.
Psychosocial Support Programme
The psychosocial Support Programme offered includes but is not limited to:
- Group counselling: Programme managers provide counselling to our students to help guide them on their personal conduct individually and as groups on campus and in lecture halls.
- One-on-One counselling: Where necessary, individual counselling services are provided.
- Students’ Social Sessions: Students not only focus on books, but they also participate in social events organised by programme managers on campus.
- Life Skills Training: Companies are partnered with to provide our students with life skills training on various topics, e.g. personal branding, CV writing, stress management, interview techniques, etc.
Depending on the availability of funds, students who qualify for this support programme receive a comprehensive bursary. The bursary (if provided) covers:
- Tuition fees
- Residence fees
- Meal allowances
- Textbook allowance, and
- Living allowances
We prides ourselves for the efficient administration of funds received from our donor partners.