SAADP is also open to Actuarial Science students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds, who have achieved good academic results in their first, second year or third year of their studies.
When applying, students must note the following:
- The award of bursaries is highly dependent on the availability of funds. .
- Students must be South Africans, non-South Africans are unfortunately ineligible for SAADP support.
- They must be doing well in their academic studies, achieving at least 70% in these subjects.
- All applications will be subjected to the stringent screening process.
- The SAADP bursary is renewable each year pending good academic performance.
- Applying to SAADP before the closing date is the students’ responsibility.
- For the bursary applications to be considered, students must be studying at one of the SAADP partner universities (Wits, UCT or UP).
- Students from other (non-partner) universities are also eligible to apply, however, they must have applied to and been accepted to study Actuarial Science at one of the SAADP partner universities.
- Complete your application in full. Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- Students must attach their recent official academic transcript to prove their academic performance.
What will happen after submitting an application?
- SAADP will send an SMS/Email to acknowledge receipt of the application form.
- Applications will be screened to check if they meet basic requirements, e.g. whether they are completed in full, whether recent academic transcript has been attached, whether an applicant is a South African etc.
- Approved applications will be forwarded to the Selection Committee for further screening.
- Declined applicants will be notified of the outcome.
- The Selection Committee will review approved applications in a special meeting taking place every December after the final exam results are out.
- Final exam results will be considered in addition to academic performance during the course of the year.
- The decision by the Selection Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome.